Tuesday 15 May 2018

T2 W3 Descriptive Writing

These last two weeks we have been doing a Descriptive peace of Writing. First we got two peer up with a buddy and put down descriptive sentences for these words Smell, Taste, See, Hear and feel.



As I rush through the crowd of people trying to find my way, I see the sky as a gradient painting. As I walk towards the bright lights I see myself staring at the dazzling Ferris wheel giving me an optical illusion.  

I taste the candy floss which slowly melts in my mouth giving me a sugar rush, as it floats down my throat feeling like the same texture of sand. As I bite into the fresh hot dog it makes my mouth water.

I can see all the tired parents as their kids tug on their shirts asking joyfully to go on the rides. I notice all the kids terrified, screaming for their lives flying through the air.



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Katelin.

    Wow what a great piece of descriptive writing. I really enjoyed reading this piece as it made me feel like I was in the story. I like how you said the candy floss was floating down your throat. You also did a great job with describing the ferris wheel. Have you thought using a variety of different sentence starters, I have been working on using adverbs to begin my sentences.
    What was your favourite part about writing this story.

    Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.